ICF CREDENTIALED COACH, MENTOR & TRAINER
I've always been interested in people - my learning at school had much less to do with the curriculum than it did with observing the relationships, interactions and dynamics between people.
It's no surprise to me now that once I had gained some real world experience I undertook to study Sociology, Employment Relations, Career Development and Coaching.
Real world experience saw me leave school at the age of 15 to live and work independently. At 18 I was living and working in Sydney, Australia, and by 24 I was in an interreligious and intercultural marriage. Travel within Europe and living in the Middle East opened my eyes to a breadth of cultural differences.
Although I consciously chose not to have children I've had the privilege of sharing time and experiences with some very special young people in my life. And now in my 50's I have a 12 year old step-daughter who has taught me, and continues to teach me, more than I could have ever imagined possible in respect to myself and others.
I've had a number of career changes over the years and have been self-employed since 1993 in one form or another. The most significant career pivot for me was the forced change from the corporate world to being self-employed again. This came about after a car accident in 2007 which resulted in a complete re-assessment of what was important to me, and what I was now physically able to do. Reflecting on and understanding my personal values and strengths, and who I wanted to 'be' in the world was instrumental in achieving fulfilment in life and work.
Since my initial coach training in 2011 I have continued to expand my coaching knowledge in relation to Leadership, Multiple Brain Integration (mBIT), Mindfulness, Ontology (Way of Being), and Neuroscience. Additionally, I have designed and delivered ICF accredited coach training programs for over five years.
I love working with people who are motivated to make changes in their life for the better. Whether they are struggling with life and work challenges and want things to get a whole lot better, or whether they are already successful and want to find their edge. I bring honesty, compassion, authenticity and realism to the coaching relationship, along with highly relevant formal qualifications and over 35 years' of work experience.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Ontological Coaching and Leadership in Action - Newfield Institute, Australia
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC, ICF)
- Certified Mindfulness Coach – Mindfulness Coaching, Australia
- Certified Mindfulness Teacher – Mindfulness in New Zealand
- The Art of Masterful Coaching – Academy of Executive Coaching, United Kingdom
- Certified mBIT Coach (Multiple Brain Integration Techniques) – mBIT International, Australia
- Certified IGNITE Leadership Coach – The Forton Group, United Kingdom
- Graduate Certificate in Career Development – Auckland University of Technology
- BA - Double Major Degree in Employment Relations & Organisational Studies and Sociology – University of Auckland
- NZ Diploma in Business & Management – Auckland University of Technology
Recent Career History
- Founder and Director – New Zealand Institute of Coaching Ltd. (NZIC)
- ICF Coach, Trainer and Mentor – NZIC
- Leadership Development Coach – Timely Ltd.
- Leadership Development Coach – Vend Ltd.
- Career and Employment Coach – De Paul House
- Vocational Rehabilitation Expert – Accident Compensation Corporation
- Pro bono Coach – supporting COVID-19 Frontline Workers in District Health Boards - ICF NZ Northern
- Facilitator for “Introduction to Coaching” training day for ICF pro bono leadership programs – Springboard Trust
- ICF Leadership Team, Events Portfolio – NZ Northern Branch
- Coach for “My Possible Future” – Fonterra
- Board of Directors - President – PILLARS
- Content Adviser for ‘Safety for Women’ project – The New Zealand Police