Have you ever wondered what it's all about? Or asked yourself what your purpose is in the world?
Significant life events such as a change in health or reaching an age milestone can prompt our thinking around our purpose and what gives us meaning.
Some people simply know, and always have known, what they're here to do. For others it's not so clear.
Just the thought of having a specific purpose in life can seem overwhelming and even down right frightening. What will it mean if I define my life purpose and then change my mind?, how do I find the truth around this question?, will knowing what my life purpose is change me? will it change my relationships?
The thing is, life purpose doesn’t have to be extraordinary, life defining, or seem exciting to others. Many people are already quietly living their life purpose. They know who they are, they operate in alignment with their values, and they have a clear sense of direction.
If you ask someone who feels strongly connected to what provides meaning and fulfillment to their life you'll probably find the answers you receive will be centred on serving humanity in some shape or form. It seems that life purpose is not just about a person’s own sense of self and what they do or achieve, but more about who they are being, how they connect with others, and how they touch humankind.
Knowing our purpose increases our confidence because we know who we are and what we are about. We gain respect from others who witness our ability to vision our best selves and behave in ways that reflect our values. We understand our own true nature and allow that to shine in everything we do.
8 Questions to explore your life purpose:
- If all your financial needs were taken care of, how would you want to spend the rest of your life?
- If you only did things that inspired and delighted you, what would you do?
- If you were told you only had 6 months to live, how would you occupy that six months?
- As a child, what did you most often dream of doing or being when you grew up? What happened to those dreams?
- What gives you the greatest sense of joy, aliveness, motivation and excitement?
6. If you had no doubt that you could be outrageously successful doing what you most love and enjoy, what would that success be for you?
7. If you knew you had all the support you needed, what would you begin creating?
8. What does the deepest core of your being say about who you want to be in life?